3D Cell Culture Plate Coating Solution
$99.00 - $299.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: 3DCPS-20 (for 20mL)
Cat. No.: 3DCPS-100 (for 100mL)
3D Cell Culture Plate Coating Solution, also known as Ultra-Low Attachment Cell Culture Plate Coating Solution, is a convenient and efficient solution used for coating cell culture plates and preparing a 3D culture environment. This product is particularly suitable for providing a 3D growth microenvironment for various cells, allowing cells to transition from single-cell suspension to cell spheres, including tumor spheroids, organoids, neurospheres, leukocyte spheres, and more. Cell culture plates coated with this product can generate uniformly sized cell spheres and find broad applications in fields such as cancer research, drug screening, organoid construction, and tissue engineering.
The main component of this coating solution is a special polymer that serves as a non-adhesive matrix coating the container's surface, rapidly forming a hydrophilic coating to inhibit cell adhesion to the container's growth surface. When used with cell culture plates, such as 96-well plates, this product enables consistent and reproducible 3D cell growth, significantly reducing variability. The operation of coating cell culture plates with this product is simple and easy to learn, and the subsequent experimental procedures for cell culture are essentially the same as traditional cell culture experiments.
Traditional cell cultures are mostly conducted in a two-dimensional (2D) format. However, 2D cultures exhibit significant differences in cell growth pattern, morphology, differentiation, and function compared to the true morphology and structure of cells under in vivo physiological conditions. The absence of cell structure and tissue morphology in 2D cultures may reduce the credibility of experimental results. Three-dimensional (3D) cell culture better simulates the microenvironment in which cells survive in vivo, more accurately represents tissue in the body, and more authentically reflects the interactions between cells and between cells and the extracellular matrix. 3D cell culture has become a more valuable and credible in vitro experimental model, providing experiment results more consistent with in vivo experiments.
3D tumor cell models are increasingly used to understand disease mechanisms and drug development. Tumor cells cultured in 2D receive nutrients and oxygen uniformly on one side of the cell membrane, while cells in 3D culture groups have fewer opportunities to receive nutrients and oxygen, forming natural nutrient and oxygen gradients. This better simulates in vivo microenvironmental conditions and allows 3D cultured tumor spheroids or organoids to more accurately model tumors in the body. This makes them more suitable for small molecule drug screening or the study of tumor-related molecular mechanisms and better predicts the in vivo responses, efficacy, or toxicity of drug treatments. Additionally, 3D cell models or organoids often provide more credible research results compared to 2D cell models and can simplify and accelerate the drug evaluation process. Since the establishment of the first small intestine organoid in 2009, research on 3D cells and organoids has expanded to many tissue systems and has become one of the hottest areas in life sciences.
- This product is simple and convenient to operate. The 3D cell culture environment construction can be completed in just one step. By using the coating solution, immediate coating of the cell culture plate can be achieved, and the entire coating process takes only about 30 minutes. After coating, cells can be seeded and cultured using standard cell culture methods. Generally, relatively compact cell spheres can be obtained after 24-48 hours of continued cultivation. The formation time of cell spheres may vary for different types of cell culture plates. The size of cell spheres can be controlled by the initial seeding density of cells.
- This product is widely applicable and suitable for coating various types of cell culture plates and cell cultivation. It can be used on cell culture plates with or without surface treatment of the bottom. Coated cell culture plates can support different types of cells, not only for 3D culture of adherent cells like HCT-116 and HeLa but also for 3D culture of suspension cells like K562 and MOLM-13. Taking a U-bottom 96-well plate as an example, cells seeded in the U-bottom 96-well plate coated with this product show significant aggregation within 2 hours, and as the cultivation time increases, the cell spheres become denser. After 48 hours of cultivation, a relatively compact cell sphere can be formed, and the size of the sphere is proportional to the number of seeded cells. In comparison to flat-bottom multi-well plates or culture dishes, which generally require 3-5 days or more to cultivate into cell spheres, the U-bottom structure accelerates the process significantly.
Store at 4ºC for one year. Room temperature storage is effective for six months. -20ºC storage allows for longer preservation.
- If stored at -20ºC, it must be brought to room temperature before use.
- The coating solution contains a certain concentration of ethanol, which is volatile. It should be sealed during use and storage.
- When adding the coating solution to cell culture plates, try to avoid the formation of bubbles. If bubbles accidentally appear, carefully puncture them with a pipette tip. Otherwise, it may affect the coating effect of the cell culture plate and, consequently, the cell culture result.
- For immediate coating, both the addition and removal of the coating solution from the culture plate must take longer than 10 minutes. It is recommended to extend the time as much as possible; otherwise, it may affect the culture effect.
- The speed of spheroid formation, spheroid compactness, and morphology of 3D cells are closely related to cell types, cell quantities, and culture plate types. Different types of cell culture plates, cell types, and quantities may result in significant differences in the speed of spheroid formation and the state of cell spheres. In general, U-bottom (round-bottom) plates yield better results.
- Although this product can be used for immediate coating, for better culture results, it is recommended to pre-coat and dry the liquid in a drying oven or incubator. Coated plates that are not immediately used should be sealed and stored at 4ºC, valid for three months; if stored at room temperature, valid for one week; if stored at 37ºC, valid for one day.
- This product is intended for scientific research by professionals only and is not for clinical diagnosis or treatment. It is not for use in food or drugs and should not be stored in regular residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear laboratory attire and disposable gloves during handling.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory