Secondary Alcohol Dehydrogenase (Crude Enzyme)
$2,600.00 - $8,500.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: SADCE-100 (for 100ml)
Cat. No.: SADCE-1k (for 1L)
Secondary Alcohol Dehydrogenase is commonly used for NADH regeneration. This product is a crude enzyme solution of Secondary Alcohol Dehydrogenase expressed in Escherichia coli and obtained through simple purification to ensure a certain level of enzyme activity.
We can provide crude enzyme solutions of Secondary Alcohol Dehydrogenase in quantities ranging from 10 kilograms to tons. If you have any specific requirements, please contact us.
Alcohol dehydrogenases (ADH) are a group of dehydrogenase enzymes that occur in many organisms and facilitate the interconversion between alcohols and aldehydes or ketones with the reduction of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+ to NADH). In humans and many other animals, they serve to break down alcohols that are otherwise toxic, and they also participate in the generation of useful aldehyde, ketone, or alcohol groups during the biosynthesis of various metabolites. In yeast, plants, and many bacteria, some alcohol dehydrogenases catalyze the opposite reaction as part of fermentation to ensure a constant supply of NAD+. This product with the indicated enzyme activity was briefly purified from engineered E.coli and can be used for NADH regeneration in biotechnology.
- Name: Secondary Alcohol Dehydrogenase (Crude Enzyme, for NADH Regeneration)
- Application: NADH regeneration
- Appearance: Clear to translucent yellow solution
- Enzyme activity: Undetermined
- CAS Number: 9031-72-5
- EC Number: 220.127.116.11
- Each freeze-thaw cycle of the crude enzyme can result in partial inactivation. Therefore, upon receiving the enzyme solution, please aliquot it according to your needs and store at -20°C or lower temperatures.
- The enzyme activity may decrease to some extent with prolonged storage time, so it is recommended to use the product as soon as possible upon receipt.
- During production and storage, the product may exhibit turbidity or precipitation. Simply mix the product thoroughly after thawing, as it does not affect normal usage.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food or drug purposes, or stored in regular residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear appropriate laboratory attire and disposable gloves when handling the product.
Store at 20°C or lower temperatures, minimum 1 month shelf life.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory