Cat. No.: PTK-100
Proteinase K is widely used in the preparation of chromosomal DNA by pulsed electrophoresis, Western blotting and genomic DNA preparation experiments. The commonly used working concentration is 50-500 g/ml. The specific working concentration is determined according to whether the buffer used contains SDS, urea, pH, temperature and other factors.
- RNase and DNase free
- Stable activity in both urea and SDS
- Active in metal chelators such as EDTA
- Stable over a wide range of pH (4.0-12.5), with a pH optimum of pH 7.5-8.0
- Active over a wide range of temperatures, generally in the range of 50℃ to 65℃
- Can be dissolved with ddH2O
- Enzyme activity: > 32 U/mg lyophilized powder
- Specific activity: ≥40 U/mg protein
Under 37℃ and pH 7.5, the amount of Proteinase K required to release 1 M tyrosine per min is defined as one active unit.
PMSF or DFP inhibitor can be added to the reaction system to inactivate it.
Stored at 2-8℃ for two years.
- The general storage concentration is 10-20 mg/ml.
- Please avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Ca2+ can increase the thermal stability of Proteinase K.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals