Funcbeads™ SA Magnetic Beads
Funcbeads™ SA Magnetic Beads couple streptavidin (SA) to the surface of magnetic beads through covalent bonds. The products can efficiently bind biotin-labeled antibodies, nucleic acids, proteins, and other biological ligands, and can be used for the separation and detection of biotinylated nucleic acids, antibodies, or other biotinylated ligands and target molecules. It is mainly used for immunodetection, immunoprecipitation, cell sorting, etc.
The schematic diagram of the reaction principle is as follows:
- Do not centrifuge, dry, or freeze Funcbeads™ SA Magnetic Beads. These operations may lead to the aggregation of magnetic beads and reduce the binding capacity.
- Before taking the magnetic beads from the storage tube, the magnetic beads should be vibrated and suspended evenly, and bubbles should be avoided during the operation
- After biotin-labeled, the excess free biotin should be removed by desalting column.
- Minimize protein degradation, including the preparation of protease inhibitors contained in cell lysate.
- The size of biotinylated molecules will affect the loading capacity of magnetic beads. Users need to determine the loading capacity of magnetic beads for specific biotinylated molecules according to experiments.
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory