WST-1 Cell Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assay Kit
$198.00 - $648.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: WST1-500 (for 500T)
Cat. No.: WST1-2500 (for 2500T)
WST-1 Cell Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assay Kit is a widely used reagent kit known for its rapid and high sensitivity in assessing cell proliferation and cytotoxicity. WST-1 is a compound similar to MTT, which, in the presence of electron-coupling reagents, can be reduced by certain dehydrogenases within the mitochondria to generate an orange-yellow formazan product. The deeper the color, the greater the rate of cell proliferation; conversely, the lighter the color, the greater the cytotoxicity.
WST-1 is an upgraded alternative to MTT, and compared to MTT or other MTT-related products like XTT and MTS, it offers significant advantages. Firstly, the formazan generated by MTT through reduction by certain mitochondrial dehydrogenases is not water-soluble and requires a specific dissolution solution for solubilization. In contrast, formazan produced by WST-1, XTT, and MTS is water-soluble, eliminating the need for subsequent dissolution steps. Secondly, formazan generated by WST-1 is more readily soluble than that produced by XTT and MTS. Thirdly, WST-1 exhibits greater stability compared to XTT and MTS, resulting in more consistent experimental results. Additionally, when compared to MTT, XTT, and similar products, WST-1 offers a wider linear range and higher sensitivity.
- WST-1 (Powder)
- Electron-coupling Reagent
- This assay kit can be used for the detection of cell proliferation induced by factors such as cytokines. It is also suitable for assessing cytotoxicity induced by agents like anticancer drugs, or for measuring drug-induced inhibition of cell growth.
- The assay kit offers great convenience in testing. There is no need for the use of isotopes, and all the detection steps are completed within the same 96-well plate. Cell washing, cell collection, or additional steps for formazan dissolution are not required. It can be used for high-throughput sample testing.
- Phenol red and serum do not significantly impact the measurements using this assay kit.
- WST-1 is non-toxic to cells. After adding WST-1 for color development, readings can be taken at different times using a plate reader, allowing for flexibility in testing time and facilitating the determination of the optimal measurement time.
Store at -20°C, protected from light, with a shelf life of one year. After dissolving WST-1 powder, it can be stored at 4°C, protected from light, for one week, or at -20°C, protected from light, for up to six months (it is recommended to divide it into appropriate portions and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles as much as possible).
- Due to the use of a 96-well plate for testing, it is essential to be mindful of potential evaporation when culturing cells for an extended period. On one hand, since the outermost circle of the 96-well plate is most susceptible to evaporation, you can opt to discard the wells in the outermost circle and replace them with PBS, water, or culture medium. On the other hand, placing the 96-well plate near a water source within the incubator can help alleviate evaporation.
- This product is intended solely for scientific research use by professionals and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, in food or pharmaceuticals, and should not be stored in residential environments.
- For your safety and health, please wear laboratory attire and disposable gloves while handling.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory