Quick Genotyping Assay Kit for Mouse Tail
$105.00 - $298.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: QGAKM-100 (for 100T)
Cat. No.: QGAKM-500 (for 500T)
Quick Genotyping Assay Kit for Mouse Tail allows for rapid extraction and PCR amplification of genomic DNA from mouse tails, mouse ears, and other tissues, facilitating mouse genotyping and other applications. The kit provides Simple-Load™ PCR Master Mix (Green, 2X), streamlining PCR procedures, and enabling direct gel loading after PCR.
This kit enables swift digestion of mouse tail tissue samples to obtain genomic DNA, without the need for mechanical disruption, organic extraction, column purification, or DNA precipitation. The process of extracting genomic DNA from mouse tails takes approximately 20 minutes.
Designed for genotyping mice and similar species, the kit includes control primers for mouse genotyping, yielding a product size of 299 bp.
The provided Simple-Load™ PCR Master Mix (Green, 2X) in this kit contains 2X Taq DNA Polymerase, 2X PCR Buffer, 2X dNTPs, and 2X loading buffer. With the addition of suitable primers, template, and water, PCR amplification can be performed, greatly simplifying PCR procedures and reducing potential contamination risks during setup. Following PCR, samples can be directly loaded onto electrophoresis gels without requiring additional loading buffer.
When using this kit for PCR detection, only a minimal amount of sample is needed to achieve amplification and analysis of the target gene.
Store at -20°C, valid for one year. DNA Extraction Solution and Stop Solution can be stored at 4°C, valid for up to three months.
- When using this kit to digest mouse tail or other tissue samples, ensure that the tissue samples are fully submerged in the digestion solution.
- When preparing the digestion solution, DNA Extraction Solution and Enzyme Mix should be mixed well and used promptly. Allowing it to sit for too long might affect DNA extraction efficiency.
- Due to the high sensitivity of the PCR reaction, which can amplify the target gene segment over 10 million times, when using Taq enzyme, be cautious to prevent contamination of trace amounts of DNA to be amplified. Consider setting up negative controls without template DNA to confirm the absence of DNA contamination.
- The Simple-Load™ PCR Master Mix (Green, 2X) provided in this kit maintains almost the same PCR amplification efficiency even after 15 freeze-thaw cycles. However, it is advisable to avoid excessive freeze-thaw cycles and, before use, ensure complete thawing, gently mix by inverting, and minimize bubble formation.
- This product is intended for scientific research by professionals only and must not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment. It is not for use in food or drugs and should not be stored in regular households.
- For your safety and health, please wear appropriate laboratory attire and disposable gloves while handling this product.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory