Cell-free DNA Isolation Kit with Magnetic Beads
$250.00 - $500.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: CFDMB-50 (for 50T)
Cat. No.: CFDMB-200 (for 200T)
Cell-free DNA Isolation Kit with Magnetic Beads, also known as the Cell-free DNA Extraction Kit, Blood Cell-free DNA Extraction Kit, or Serum Cell-free DNA Extraction Kit, is a reagent kit that utilizes novel nucleic acid purification media-coated magnetic beads. This kit is designed for the stable, efficient, and convenient isolation of cell-free DNA (cfDNA) from serum and plasma samples.
Cell-free DNA, often abbreviated as cfDNA, also referred to as circulating cell-free DNA, is DNA that circulates freely outside of cells in the bloodstream. It is DNA released from cell degradation within the body. cfDNA fragments are typically less than 1000 base pairs in size, and their concentration varies widely among individuals, typically ranging from 1-100 ng/ml. cfDNA has been found to be closely associated with certain diseases, such as cancer, and holds significant value in the early diagnosis, prognosis, and detection of diseases.
The cfDNA extracted using this kit can be directly used in experiments such as PCR, qPCR, NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing), DNA methylation quantification assays, and more.
In serum or plasma samples, cell-free DNA is rapidly released under the action of lysis buffer and proteinase K. The released cfDNA specifically binds to magnetic beads under specific conditions. Under the influence of an external magnetic field, such as a magnetic separation rack, the magnetic beads efficiently separate from the solution. Subsequent washing steps remove impurities thoroughly, and the cfDNA is finally eluted from the magnetic beads using elution buffer.
- Magnetic Beads
- Lysis Solution
- Wash Solution I
- Wash Solution II
- Elution Solution
- Proteinase K
- This reagent kit offers several advantages, including stable extraction results, high purity, and convenient and flexible operation. The cell-free DNA (cfDNA) extraction system of this kit has been extensively tested and optimized, allowing for the recovery of DNA fragments at concentrations as low as 1 ng/ml. Sample lysis takes only 10 minutes, and the entire extraction process, following lysis, takes approximately 25-30 minutes. This represents a significant advantage compared to many similar products on the market.
- This reagent kit is both safe and convenient to use. Currently, the main methods for cell-free DNA (cfDNA) extraction include the phenol-chloroform method, column purification method, and magnetic bead-based method. Traditional phenol-chloroform methods involve toxic and irritating organic solvents, are time-consuming, and require intricate procedures. Column purification methods typically involve repeated centrifugation steps or require special filtration devices. In contrast, the magnetic bead-based method is gentle in its conditions and replaces the need for complex centrifugation or filtration steps with a simple magnetic bead adsorption process, ensuring a quick and convenient operation.
- This reagent kit is suitable for the extraction of fresh or frozen serum or plasma cell-free DNA and is applicable to samples with a minimum volume of 20µl of serum/plasma. Samples can be either freshly prepared or frozen, but for samples stored at -80ºC, it is advisable to avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
Proteinase K should be stored at -20ºC, while the rest of the components can be stored at room temperature and have a shelf life of one year. Magnetic Beads can be stored at 4ºC for extended periods, and this lower temperature can prolong their storage life. Proteinase K remains active when stored at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to one week without a significant decrease in activity.
- Before the first use, add anhydrous ethanol to Wash Solution I and Wash Solution II as instructed in the manual and on the label. Mix well and label the bottles accordingly.
- You will need to provide anhydrous ethanol and a magnetic separation device.
- In lower temperatures, precipitation may occur in the sample lysis solution, which is a normal phenomenon. Before use, be sure to check for any precipitation. If present, incubate the solution at 55ºC in a water bath to dissolve the precipitate. Mix well before use.
- Magnetic beads may settle after standing still, so before use, make sure to gently vortex or invert the tubes several times to thoroughly mix them.
- Before magnetic separation, gently shake the centrifuge tubes to disperse the magnetic beads adequately before bringing them close to the magnetic field. If there is bead clumping, you can gently shake the liquid inside the tube after the beads have gathered to make the clumped beads flow down.
- This product can be used for manual extraction, as well as with workstations or automated nucleic acid extraction instruments.
- The lysis solution may be irritating to the skin, so please handle it with care and take appropriate precautions.
- This product is intended for use by professionals for scientific research purposes only. It should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food, or pharmaceuticals, and should not be stored in residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear lab attire and disposable gloves when handling.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory