Tth Thermostable RNase H
$315.00 - $1,265.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Explore Versatile Options with Our Glycerol-Free and Lyophilized Variants
Delight in the flexibility of our product offerings, now available in a glycerol-free version, meticulously crafted to seamlessly integrate with your freeze-drying systems.
Additionally, we present a lyophilized version, a practical solution ensuring stable transportation at room temperature, thereby notably mitigating shipping costs, especially during long-distance transits.
Cat. No.: TTRH-250 (for 250U)
Cat. No.: TTRH-1250 (for 1250U)
Tth Thermostable RNase H specifically recognizes and cleaves the phosphodiester bonds within RNA sequences of RNA-DNA hybrids while preserving the integrity of the DNA sequence. This heat-stable ribonuclease shares similar enzymatic properties with Escherichia coli RNase H but exhibits activity at higher temperatures, with optimal activity between 60 - 70°C. These characteristics enable its use in applications that require higher detection temperatures. It is suitable for removing mRNA during cDNA second-strand synthesis and for removing the mRNA strand in one-step RT-PCR, generating single-stranded cDNA, thereby improving cDNA-primer pairing and enhancing RT-PCR results. Our Tth RNase H is recombinantly expressed and purified through multiple steps.
One unit of the enzyme is defined as the amount required to hydrolyze 40 pmol of a 25 bp RNA-DNA hybrid chain labeled with fluorescence into 1 nmol of nucleotides within 20 minutes at 50°C in 1× Tth RNase H reaction buffer.
Activity Assay Conditions
Incubation at temperatures ≥50°C in a buffer containing 50 mM Tris-HCl, 75 mM KCl, 3 mM MgCl2, and 10 mM DTT (pH 8.3 @ 25°C).
- Does not digest single-stranded RNA, single-stranded, or double-stranded DNA.
- Exhibits activity in a wide temperature range from 35-75°C, with increasing activity as temperature rises, recommended for use between 50-65°C.
- Removal of mRNA during cDNA second-strand synthesis.
- Improvement of PCR efficiency by removing the RNA strand in RT-PCR from RNA/DNA hybrid double strands.
- Enhancement of isothermal amplification (e.g., RT-LAMP, RT-RPA) by removing the RNA strand in RNA/DNA hybrid chains.
- Removal of mRNA poly(A) tails hybridized to Oligo(dT).
- Preparation of high-resolution RNA structural maps and site-specific RNA cleavage.
Store at -20°C.
- RNase H
- Thermostable RNase H
- Tth Thermostable RNase H
- Tth Thermostable RNase HII
- Extreme Thermostable RNase HII
- RNase HIII
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory