Sequencing Grade Recombinant Carboxypeptidase B
$126.00 - $423.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: SGRCB-100 (for 100μg)
Cat. No.: SGRCB-200 (for 200μg)
Recombinant Carboxypeptidase B is a Zn2+-metalloproteinase that catalyzes the hydrolysis of basic amino acids L-Lysine and L-Arginine from the C-terminus of peptides. It has a molecular weight of 33.8 kDa, an isoelectric point of 6.0, and optimal pH range of 7.0-9.0. The activity of Carboxypeptidase B is competitively inhibited by arginine and lysine and can be inhibited by metal chelators such as EDTA.
Carboxypeptidase B is used for protein sequence analysis by sequentially cleaving basic amino acids such as arginine, lysine, and histidine from the C-terminus of proteins. It can also be used for the detection of antibody alkaline peaks.
- Physical appearance: White to off-white powder
- Biological activity: ≥ 200 units/mg pro.
- Unit definition: One unit of enzyme catalyzes the hydrolysis of 1 μmol of carbobenzoxy-L-arginine per minute at 25°C and pH 7.6.
- Purity: ≥ 95% by HPLC
- Protein content: Not specified
- Formulation: Lyophilized from additive-free solution.
- Recommended usage: Dissolve in distilled water or 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5) to achieve a final concentration of 1-10 mg/ml. The recommended enzyme-to-substrate ratio is 1:50-1:1000 (w:w), with the optimal pH for enzymatic cleavage being 7.0-9.0.
- Stability: The lyophilized Carboxypeptidase B should be stored at 2-8°C for up to 24 months. After reconstitution in distilled water or 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), it should be stored at -20°C to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Amino acid sequence: ASGHSYTKYN KWETIEAWIQ QVATDNPDLV TQSVIGTTFE GRNMYVLKIG KTRPNKPAIF IDCGFHAREW ISPAFCQWFV REAVRTYNQE IHMKQLLDEL DFYVLPVVNI DGYVYTWTKD RMWRKTRSTM AGSSCLGVDP NRNFNAGWCE VGASRSPCSE TYCGPAPESE KETKALADFI RNNLSTIKAY LTIHSYSQMM LYPYSYDYKL PENYEELNAL VKGAAKELAT LHGTKYTYGP GATTIYPAAG GSDDWSYDQG IKYSFTFELR DTGFFGFLLP ESQIRQTCEE TMLAVKYIAN YVREHLY. Note: The provided amino acid sequence is for reference only and the actual length or sequence may vary.
- Animal-free: Recombinant production without any viral contamination or use of animal-derived materials in the production process.
- Stable quality: Batch production ensures stable and consistent quality across multiple batches.
- High purity: High specific activity and host protein residuals below the limits required for biologics.
- Lyophilized powder: Easy storage and transportation.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only. It is not intended for clinical diagnosis or treatment, and should not be used in food or drugs. It should not be stored in residential dwellings.
- For your safety and health, please wear lab attire and disposable gloves when handling.
Store at 4°C or below, effective for two years. Due to partial inactivation caused by each freeze-thaw cycle, after the initial preparation of the corresponding concentration, it should be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or below to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory