Protein G Agarose (Fast Flow, for IP)
$240.00 - $990.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: PGFI-10 (for 10ml)
Cat. No.: PGFI-50 (for 50ml)
Protein G Agarose (Fast Flow, for IP) is primarily used for immunoprecipitation (IP) or co-immunoprecipitation (Co-IP), and it can also be used for antibody purification.
Protein A is a cell wall surface protein found in Staphylococcus aureus, with a molecular weight of 42 kDa. Protein G is an immunoglobulin-binding protein expressed by C-type or G-type Streptococcal bacteria. Protein A and Protein G have similar functions and can specifically bind to mammalian immunoglobulins (Ig), typically in the Fc region of the immunoglobulin. However, there is evidence that Protein A can also bind to the Fab region of the VH3 family in humans, and Protein G sometimes also has certain binding to the Fab region. Additionally, the binding capabilities of Protein A and Protein G vary for different subclasses of immunoglobulins. Recombinant Protein A and Protein G, appropriately modified, are combined with agarose beads in a specific manner, which can be used for immunoprecipitation or antibody purification.
Protein G Agarose is suitable for immunoprecipitation of human IgG1, IgG2, IgG3, IgG4; mouse IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG3; rat IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG2c; as well as rabbit and goat polyclonal antibodies.
Recombinant Protein G in this product can specifically bind to the Fc region of most mammalian IgG antibodies, with a molecular weight of 22 kDa. The recombinant Protein G in this product has been modified to retain only the amino acid sequences related to binding to the IgG Fc region, while removing sequences outside the binding site that may cause non-specific binding (such as albumin-binding sites), thereby effectively reducing non-specific binding. Each Protein G molecule can bind to three IgG molecules.
The Protein G in this product is covalently linked to 4% cross-linked agarose beads with high flow rate (4% Agarose, Fast Flow). Each milliliter of Protein G agarose beads (precipitate) is coupled with approximately 2 mg of recombinant Protein G. Each milliliter of Protein G agarose beads (precipitate) can bind to over 20 mg of human IgG. The average diameter of agarose beads in this product is 90 μm, and the recommended linear flow rate for antibody purification is 50-300 cm/h, with a maximum pressure tolerance of 0.3 MPa.
This product is formulated in a suitable solution that can be directly used for immunoprecipitation and antibody purification, with a total volume of 0.25 ml of agarose beads per milliliter.
If this Protein G Agarose (Fast Flow, for IP) is used for routine immunoprecipitation, each milliliter of this product (a mixture of precipitate and solution at a 1:3 ratio) can be used for immunoprecipitation up to 50 times.
- Do not freeze this product for storage.
- Before using Protein G Agarose, it must be thoroughly resuspended by gently inverting several times to ensure a uniform mixture.
- This product contains trace amounts of preservatives that do not interfere with routine antibody purification and immunoprecipitation. However, if subsequent enzymatic activity assays are involved, it is recommended to wash the Protein G Agarose beads three times with an appropriate solution such as TBS before use to eliminate any potential interference from the preservatives.
- Starting from the collection of protein samples, all steps involving protein samples must be performed at 4°C or on ice.
- This product is intended for scientific research use by professionals only and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food or drug purposes, or stored in ordinary households.
- For your safety and health, please wear lab attire and disposable gloves when handling this product.
Store at 4°C. Valid for one year. Do not freeze.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory