MTT Cell Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assay Kit
$128.00 - $398.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: MTTCP-500 (for 500T)
Cat. No.: MTTCP-2500 (for 2500T)
MTT Cell Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assay Kit is a highly classical reagent kit used extensively for the assessment of cell proliferation and cytotoxicity. MTT can be reduced by certain dehydrogenases within the mitochondria to produce crystalline, deep purple formazan. It can be fully dissolved in specific solvents. Subsequently, the absorbance can be measured at a wavelength near 570nm using a spectrophotometer. The higher the cell proliferation rate, the higher the absorbance; conversely, the greater the cytotoxicity, the lower the absorbance.
- MTT Solvent
- Formazan Dissolution Solution
- This assay kit utilizes a unique Formazan dissolution solution formulation, eliminating the need to remove the existing culture medium. Formazan can be directly dissolved by adding the Formazan dissolution solution. This avoids errors that may arise from partial removal of Formazan when the culture medium is taken out.
- The assay kit has a low background, high sensitivity, a wide linear range, and is easy to use.
Store at 4°C or -20°C, and MTT should be protected from light. It is valid for one year. After preparing MTT solutions, they should be stored at -20°C, protected from light. Formazan dissolution solution can also be stored at room temperature.
- Due to the use of a 96-well plate for testing, it is essential to be mindful of potential evaporation when culturing cells for an extended period. On one hand, since the outermost circle of the 96-well plate is most susceptible to evaporation, you can opt to discard the wells in the outermost circle and replace them with PBS, water, or culture medium. On the other hand, placing the 96-well plate near a water source within the incubator can help alleviate evaporation.
- MTT solvent can solidify at low temperatures, so before use, please let it sit at room temperature or immerse it in a water bath at 20-25°C for a while until it completely liquefies.
- Once MTT is prepared into a solution, it is yellow in color and should be protected from light. Prolonged exposure to light can render it ineffective. Do not use it when the color changes to gray-green. If the MTT solution solidifies at low temperatures such as 4°C or in an ice bath, you can place it in a water bath at 20-25°C for a while until it completely liquefies before use.
- If Formazan dissolution solution freezes or forms a precipitate, you can incubate it at room temperature or at 37°C in a water bath to facilitate dissolution. It must be used only after complete dissolution and thorough mixing.
- After adding the Formazan dissolution solution, gently mix it, but be cautious not to create bubbles.
- This product is intended for scientific research use by professionals only and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, in food or pharmaceuticals, and should not be stored in residential environments.
- For your safety and health, please wear laboratory attire and disposable gloves while handling.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory