Lipid Droplets Green Fluorescence Assay Kit with BODIPY 493/503
$299.00 - $699.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: B45SK-1k (for 1000T)
Cat. No.: B45SK-5k (for 5000T)
Lipid Droplets Green Fluorescence Assay Kit with BODIPY 493/503, also known as the BODIPY 493/503 Staining Kit or Green Neutral Lipid Stain, is a reagent kit used for the detection of lipid droplets within cells based on the green fluorescent probe BODIPY 493/503. This assay kit is suitable for fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, fluorescence plate readers, and other fluorescence detection systems.
Lipid droplets consist of a neutral lipid hydrophobic core, comprising a monolayer of phospholipids, triglycerides, and cholesteryl esters (CE), and are widely found in animal, bacterial, yeast, plant, and insect cells. Lipid droplets can move along the cell's cytoskeleton and interact with other organelles, playing crucial roles in lipid metabolism and storage, membrane transport, protein degradation, and signal transduction processes. Various metabolic disorders such as obesity, fatty liver disease, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neutral lipid storage diseases, and Niemann-Pick C disease may be associated with abnormal lipid storage.
The fluorescent probe used in this assay kit is BODIPY 493/503, with CAS number 121207-31-6 and a molecular weight of 262.11. Its maximum excitation wavelength in phospholipids is 493nm, and its maximum emission wavelength is 503nm.
The fluorescent probe BODIPY 493/503 used in this assay kit exhibits almost no fluorescence in water and other polar solvents, but once it binds to neutral lipids such as triglycerides, it emits bright green fluorescence.
For samples in a 96-well plate, based on using 100μl of staining solution per well, the small and medium-sized packaging of this assay kit can be used for 1000 and 5000 detections, respectively. If used for flow cytometry with a detection system volume of 0.5ml per sample, the small and medium-sized packaging of this assay kit can be used for 200 and 1000 detections, respectively. For adherent cell samples in a 6-well plate, considering the use of 1ml of staining solution per well, the small and medium-sized packaging of this assay kit can be used for 100 and 500 detections, respectively.
- BODIPY 493/503 (1000X)
- Hoechst 33342 (1000X)
- Assay Buffer
Store at -20°C in the dark, with a minimum shelf life of one year. BODIPY 493/503 (1000X) and Hoechst 33342 (1000X) should be protected from light.
- It is recommended to aliquot appropriately when using it for the first time to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- The working concentration of BODIPY 493/503, cell quantity, incubation temperature, and time can be adjusted accordingly based on the specific cell type being used. For example, the concentration of BODIPY 493/503 can be adjusted within the range of 0.2X to 2X.
- BODIPY 493/503 is prone to quenching under laser illumination; therefore, it is necessary to reduce the dye concentration as much as possible while maintaining fluorescence brightness. This can be achieved by reducing the excitation light intensity of the fluorescence microscope and shortening the exposure time during imaging.
- All fluorescent dyes are susceptible to quenching, so please take precautions to protect them from light to minimize fluorescence quenching.
- This product is intended for use in scientific research by trained professionals and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food, or pharmaceutical purposes. It should not be stored in a regular household setting.
- For your safety and health, please wear laboratory attire and disposable gloves while handling.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory