L-Glutamate Dehydrogenase (Crude Enzyme)
$2,600.00 - $8,500.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: LGDCE-100 (for 100ml)
Cat. No.: LGDCE-1k (for 1L)
L-Glutamate Dehydrogenase is an enzyme found in most microbes and the mitochondria of eukaryotes. It is involved in the conversion of glutamate to α-ketoglutarate and vice versa. In animals, the produced ammonia is typically utilized in the urea cycle. The reverse reaction, converting α-ketoglutarate to glutamate, is not favored in mammals due to the equilibrium of glutamate dehydrogenase favoring ammonia and α-ketoglutarate production. Glutamate dehydrogenase has a low affinity for ammonia, requiring high levels of toxic ammonia for the reverse reaction to occur (α-ketoglutarate and ammonia to glutamate and NAD(P)+). In bacteria, ammonia is assimilated into amino acids through glutamate and aminotransferases. In plants, the enzyme can function in either direction depending on the environment and stress conditions. Transgenic plants expressing microbial GLDHs exhibit improved tolerance to herbicides, water deficit, and pathogen infections, while also being more nutritionally valuable. The product described here possesses the indicated enzyme activity and has undergone a brief purification process after being produced in engineered E. coli.
We can provide crude enzyme solutions in quantities ranging from ten kilograms to tons. If you have any specific requirements, please contact us.
- Name: L-Glutamate Dehydrogenase (Crude Enzyme)
- Application: Catalyzes the oxidation of L-glutamate.
- Appearance: Clear to translucent yellow solution.
- Enzyme activity: Undetermined.
- CAS Number: 9001-46-1
- EC Number: 184.108.40.206
- Each freeze-thaw cycle of the crude enzyme can result in partial inactivation. Therefore, upon receiving the enzyme solution, please aliquot it according to your needs and store at -20°C or lower temperatures.
- The enzyme activity may decrease to some extent with prolonged storage time, so it is recommended to use the product as soon as possible upon receipt.
- During production and storage, the product may exhibit turbidity or precipitation. Simply mix the product thoroughly after thawing, as it does not affect normal usage.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food or drug purposes, or stored in regular residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear appropriate laboratory attire and disposable gloves when handling the product.
Store at 20°C or lower temperatures, minimum 1 month shelf life.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory