Hydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact us for more details if required.
Cat. No.: HPAK-150 (for 150T)
Hydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit can be used to measure hydrogen peroxide levels in cultured cells or tissues. It can also be used to determine hydrogen peroxide concentrations in cell culture supernatants, serum, urine, plasma, or other biological fluids.
Hydrogen peroxide is a byproduct of reactive oxygen species metabolism and plays a critical role as a regulatory factor in many oxidative stress responses. Hydrogen peroxide can activate factors such as NF-κB, and these hydrogen peroxide-related signaling pathways are associated with various diseases, including asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative diseases. Hydrogen peroxide is also closely linked to processes such as cell apoptosis and cell proliferation.
This assay kit utilizes the oxidation of ferrous ions to ferric ions by hydrogen peroxide, followed by the formation of a purple-colored product with xylenol orange in a specific solution, enabling the measurement of hydrogen peroxide concentration. The assay kit has been modified to detect hydrogen peroxide levels as low as 1 micromolar.
The assay kit is convenient and rapid, with typically 10-20 samples being measured within 40-60 minutes.
The kit can be used to test 150 samples.
- Certain reagents that interfere with redox reactions or exhibit a purple or similar color under acidic conditions can interfere with hydrogen peroxide detection and should be avoided as much as possible.
- If the sample contains high concentrations of externally added iron salts, it may interfere with the measurement. However, trace amounts of iron salts typically present in regular culture media, serum, and similar samples will not interfere with the measurement.
- Although the standard curve obtained appears linear within a certain concentration range, the entire standard curve is not a straight line.
- For the measurement, an ELISA reader capable of measuring absorbance at 560 nm (or within the range of 540-570 nm) or a spectrophotometer capable of measuring microvolume samples is required.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only and is not to be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment. It is not intended for use in food or drugs and should not be stored in a regular residential setting.
- For your safety and health, please wear laboratory attire and disposable gloves when handling.
Store at -20°C, effective for one year. The hydrogen peroxide standard solution should be stored protected from light.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory