D-Amino Acid Oxidase (Crude Enzyme)
$2,600.00 - $8,500.00
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: DAAOCE-100 (for 100ml)
Cat. No.: DAAOCE-1k (for 1L)
D-Amino Acid Oxidase (DAAO; also known as DAO, OXDA, DAMOX) is a peroxisomal enzyme found in a wide range of species, from yeasts to humans, and contains FAD as a cofactor. It is not present in plants or bacteria, which instead use D-amino acid dehydrogenase. The primary function of DAAO is to catalyze the oxidation of D-amino acids to the corresponding imino acids, producing ammonia and hydrogen peroxide.
DAAO is considered a potential susceptibility gene and, along with G72, may play a role in the glutamatergic mechanisms of schizophrenia. Inhibitors of DAAO include risperidone and sodium benzoate. DAAO is utilized as a biocatalyst in various biotechnological applications, such as the oxidation of cephalosporin C, deracemization of racemic D-amino acid solutions, and as a biological component in biosensors used to determine D-amino acid content in biological fluids.
This protein may exhibit allosteric regulation using the morpheein model. The product with the mentioned enzyme activity was briefly purified from engineered E. coli.
We can provide crude enzyme solutions in quantities ranging from ten kilograms to tons. If you have any specific requirements, please contact us.
- Name: D-Amino Acid Oxidase (Crude Enzyme)
- Application: Catalyzes the production of α-keto acids and ammonia from D-amino acids.
- Appearance: Clear to translucent yellow solution
- Enzyme activity: Undetermined
- CAS Number: 9000-88-8
- EC Number: 188.8.131.52
- Each freeze-thaw cycle of the crude enzyme can result in partial inactivation. Therefore, upon receiving the enzyme solution, please aliquot it according to your needs and store at -20°C or lower temperatures.
- The enzyme activity may decrease to some extent with prolonged storage time, so it is recommended to use the product as soon as possible upon receipt.
- During production and storage, the product may exhibit turbidity or precipitation. Simply mix the product thoroughly after thawing, as it does not affect normal usage.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only and should not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food or drug purposes, or stored in regular residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear appropriate laboratory attire and disposable gloves when handling the product.
Store at 20°C or lower temperatures, minimum 1 month shelf life.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory