Bradford Protein Assay Kit (1000T)
All products have special prices for bulk purchase, please contact for more details if required.
Cat. No.: BPAK-1k (for 1000T)
Bradford Protein Assay Kit is developed based on one of the most commonly used protein concentration detection methods, the Bradford method. It enables rapid, stable, and highly sensitive protein concentration determination, with good linearity in the detection data.
The principle of the Bradford method is based on the binding of Coomassie Brilliant Blue G-250 with protein, particularly the basic and aromatic amino acids, especially arginine. In an acidic medium, the solution turns blue when the dye binds to the protein, and the maximum absorption peak of the solution shifts from 465nm to 595nm. The color change is directly proportional to the protein concentration. Therefore, the protein concentration in the solution can be determined by measuring the absorbance at 595nm.
This assay kit provides extremely fast detection, with less than 10 minutes required to complete the assay for 10-20 samples, significantly reducing the detection time compared to the BCA method.
The assay kit offers high sensitivity, with a minimum detectable protein amount of 0.5μg.
The standard curve of this assay kit demonstrates good linearity. The conventional Bradford method often has a nonlinear standard curve. This assay kit has been carefully optimized to ensure a good linear relationship for samples or standard solutions with volumes of 5μl within the concentration range of 0.1-1.5mg/ml.
Compared to other methods for protein concentration determination such as the BCA method and Lowry assay, the Bradford method is not significantly affected by most chemical substances present in the samples, particularly the influence of reducing agents. The concentration of β-Mercaptoethanol in the samples can be as high as 1M, and the concentration of DTT can be as high as 5mM. However, this assay kit is affected by slightly higher concentrations of detergents, and it is necessary to ensure that SDS is below 0.01%, Triton X-100 is below 0.05%, and Tween 20, 60, 80 are below 0.015%. Samples containing detergents are recommended to use Detergent Compatible Bradford Protein Assay Kit.
- Please ensure thorough mixing after completely dissolving the protein standards before diluting them into a series of different concentrations.
- It is recommended to allow the G250 staining solution to reach room temperature before use, as it helps to improve the sensitivity of detection.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring wavelengths between 560nm and 610nm is required, with the optimal detection wavelength being 595nm. Additionally, a 96-well plate is needed for the assay.
- This product is intended for scientific research purposes by professionals only. It must not be used for clinical diagnosis or treatment, food or drug applications, and should not be stored in residential areas.
- For your safety and health, please wear appropriate laboratory attire and disposable gloves when handling the product.
Store at 4°C, valid for one year. Protein standards can be stored long-term at -20°C.
Only for research and not intended for treatment of humans or animals
SBS Genetech is a long-term sponsor of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory